We navigate sponsorship
skillfully and artfully.
Behind the name
Our name originates from the 15th century caravel ship, whose speed and agility earned it the esteemed reputation as the best sailing vessel of its time.
We know, awesome right?
Like the ship, Caravel is adaptable and versatile, allowing us to move swiftly and efficiently to reach your goals.
It also means we use lots of sailing analogies. Apologies in advance.
Caravel’s sponsorship experts are on the cutting edge!
They bring in-depth knowledge of the sponsorship initiatives of many local, regional and national companies and properties. They help Caravel clients tap into the advantages of sponsorship marketing by applying expertise of industry standards and trends, sponsorship buying and selling experience, the latest industry research and an extensive network to exceed expectations on every project.
The Caravel team quickly identifies areas for growth, solves your big problems and uncovers new opportunities. We analyze every aspect of your sponsorship program, share our unique perspective and deliver solutions to accomplish your goals.
FOUNDER & CEO
Paula Beadle is a partnership marketing thought leader and sponsorship industry trailblazer. Over her illustrious 30+ year career in sports, entertainment and life-style events Paula has been recognized as a transformative leader who drives growth, creates innovative strategies and builds high performing teams. She is well-regarded for her business tenacity and ability to inspire, motivate and create meaningful change. She is a mentor with a style that energizes and empowers individuals and organizations to thrive.
Paula is the Founder & CEO of Caravel, a national consulting company specializing in strategic sponsorship and partnership marketing. Caravel develops winning strategies, fosters bold ideas, increases revenue and creatively connects the right partners. Paula’s reputation as a results-driven leader stems from success buying and selling a range of diverse sponsorships, including securing multi-million-dollar naming rights partnerships, forging renown purpose driven partnerships, and a track record for developing long-term signature partnerships with iconic events and global brands.
Paula is also the Founder & CEO of the Sponsorship Marketing Association. Paula is a visionary leader and an avid champion of the industry. She founded SMA to strengthen, unify and advocate for the industry’s continued growth. Paula is on a mission to help marketers master the art and science of sponsorship.
Paula is a sought-after speaker, a Mentor for Women in Sports & Entertainment (WISE) and serves the Red Cross, Seattle Sports Commission and Washington Fairs and Events Association.
- What item would you bring if you were deserted on an island? My 9 Iron
- Favorite sports team? Special Olympics Team Washington!
- Favorite song to sing in the shower or to get you amped in the morning? Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'”
- Best live event memory? So many… Sydney New Year’s Eve Fireworks
- Most unusual job you’ve ever had? Blackjack dealer
- Any hidden talents? Roller-skating
- Words to live by? Today is the 1st Day of the Rest of Your Life
Michael is a leader in working with organizations and teams to develop strategic sponsorship marketing initiatives that meet and exceed her clients’ goals. A master facilitator, revenue generator, team builder and vision activator, she most recently served as vice president of sales and event sponsorship for iHeartMedia in Minneapolis, Minnesota where she led, coached and trained teams that exceeded sales and sponsorship goals. Throughout her career, Michael has transformed organizations, created new departments, organized startups and enhanced the effectiveness of individuals and teams. Previous roles have included chief operations officer, marketing strategist, consultant, coach and performance coach to top executives and entrepreneurs.
Michael’s international development and women’s empowerment interests have provided opportunities for her to consult and conduct fieldwork to support social entrepreneurs in Haiti, Africa, India and Nepal.
- What item would you bring on a deserted island? The book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
- Favorite sports team? NDSU Bison football
- Favorite song to sing in the shower or to get you amped in the morning? So What, Pink; Think, Aretha Franklin
- Best live event memory? Johnny Hallyday performance under the Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Most unusual job you’ve ever had? Sold books door to door
- Words to live by? 100% possible, 100% of the time
DIRECTOR OF CLIENT STRATEGY
Layne is a senior level marketing and sales trailblazer skilled at taking bands and properties to the next level by developing innovative partnerships, and impacting growth across revenue, engagement, and awareness. She has a keen ability to build meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders, problem solve and lead authentically. As a dynamic leader, she is known for successfully building and uniting teams and developing people to reach their fullest potentials. She is a fearless sales professional who is committed to delivering value, creating new opportunities, and growing existing relationships.
Layne is highly adaptable as proven through success in multiple major markets across the U.S. in property, team, and agency settings. Her experience is vast across the sports industry landscape. Most recently she served Playfly Sports as General Sales Manager of LSU Sports Properties. Prior to that she held General Manager positions at several East Coast properties for Learfield. She also gained corporate partnerships and marketing experience with the LA KISS and The Pasadena Tournament of Roses.
Having recently relocated back to her roots in San Diego, Layne enjoys spending time with her family and friends, volunteering in her community and being outside – especially at the beach!
What I love most about sponsorships is working with people and brands to build relationships, creatively problem solve, add value, and create meaningful and memorable experiences!
- Favorite sports team? Former (still recovering) San Diego Chargers fan, and life-long Padres fan
- Best live event memory? Private backstage concert by Prince for about 26 people at the Inglewood Forum
- Most unusual job? Delivered sandwiches on a skateboard for a local sandwich shop
- Words to live by? “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky
- Favorite thing to do on the weekend? Hang with family, volunteer or anything outside
- Go-to morning drink? Water, then coffee
Client & Marketing Operations Coordinator
With experience across a variety of industries, Delaney excels in her natural interpersonal skills and creative thinking. From supporting clients, members, fans, or customers, Delaney is eager to go above and beyond. Her professional experience ranges from events and entertainment, hospitality and service, public relations, and marketing.
Delaney is a Seattle native and proud Gonzaga University graduate (Go Zags!). She actively volunteers, and enjoys attending sporting events, concerts, and traveling – both locally and internationally.
- Favorite sports team? Seattle Seahawks
- First job? Babysitting
- Unique hobby? Flipping and restoring furniture!
- Beach or mountains? 100% beach – I love to swim!
- Favorite subject in school? Not necessarily a subject, but in college, I took an ice staking course as well as fly fishing and golf.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
A communications specialist, content creator, writer, photographer, editor and social media manager, Mason has spent the better part of 20 years traveling coast-to-coast finding new ways to tell compelling stories through writing and photography.
- Favorite thing to do on the weekend? Anything outside, from snowboarding and snowshoeing to hiking and mountain biking.
- First concert? The Rolling Stones at the Kingdome
- Favorite sports team? Indiana Pacers
- Most unusual job you’ve ever had? Freight elevator operator
Working collaboratively and responsively with her clients–who’ve ranged from national consulting firms to small, family-owned businesses–Shannon excels at translating ideas into powerful visual messaging. She brings over 13 years of design experience, in print, web, and identity work of all sorts.
- Favorite thing to do on the weekend? Home renovation projects.
- Cats or dogs (or dinosaur)? Chickens, ducks, and dogs currently.
- Most unusual job you’ve ever had? Playing a patient for medical student training.
- Any hidden talents? I can ride a 5ft unicycle!
- Go-to morning drink? Counter Culture black coffee made with an areopress.
- Five (or less) words to live by? You are not your thoughts.
Ready to meet the Caravel crew?
Find out how to win the year!